What You Should Know about Merchant Services
A Merchant Account acts as a clearing account for credit and debit card transactions, allowing your business to accept card payments directly from customers.
A Merchant Account doesn’t necessarily allow you to accept cards the way you need, like if you want to accept cards online, so be sure to read between the lines and get all the rates explained to you, especially the "non qualified" transactions.
A merchant account is different from a business checking account: you need to have a business checking account to deposit money from your credit card sales.
You can keep your existing bank account when you switch to Navidor Merchant Services.
Credit Card Processing 101:
Card Associations set the industry costs: Interchange rates are set by Visa and MasterCard.
Interchange rates vary upon 3 factors:
1) The merchant’s industry type (retail, mail order, Ecommerce…)
2) The type of Card processed (credit / debit, individual / corporate, rewards, foreign...)
3) How the card is processed (Swiped or keyed-in, present, not-present, online...)
Merchants have some control over the way they process the cards...
but they don’t always know what the Card Associations expect them to do.
3 Steps to Improve Your Profit Margin:
Free Statement Audit and Technical Requirements Analysis:
- Audit of your current processor’s contract and statements to get a clear picture of what you are paying today.
- Audit of your current environment to determine if new equipment or upgrades to your existing equipment will generate additional savings.
Free Quote: Detailed, written analysis of your statements to show how much you will save by choosing Navidor.
Free Periodic Audits: Performed on a quarterly basis to assure you receive the savings we promised.
Proactive, Personalized Customer Support:
At Navidor Merchant Services, we provide 24/7/365 Customer Service
- Our team is dedicated to delivering you the on-going support you deserve. We provide unbeatable service such as personalized training, online Reporting tools, chargeback monitoring, and much more.
- Make sure that you have enough time. We usually can set up your new account in a matter of days but some situations require more time.
- Understand all of your fees. When you get a quote for a retail credit card processing service, some fees may seem a foreign to you. Take the time to go through your application and be certain to ask questions about anything you don't understand. We will patiently answer all your questions.
- Give some thought to your average ticket and projected monthly credit card volume. Estimating the average ticket cost and your monthly income is extremely useful in setting up your merchant account. The more precise you can be, the better we are able to create the optimal solution for your business and ultimately the more money we can save for you.
- Any provider can give you an attractive rate. However, without a detailed understanding of your business, the type of cards that you are predominantly processing and how those transactions are presented, an "attractive rate" is meaningless. It’s just impossible to calculate exact processing costs without taking the time to complete a detailed statement analysis. You should be cautious about any payment processor that gives a quote without analyzing your business environment.
At Navidor Merchant Services, we never quote a rate without first analyzing your processing statements. We guarantee our quotes and savings projections in writing.
Also ask us for gateway accounts, check processing, gift cards and loyalty programs
We provide payment processing in 55 countries and 150 currencies.
Contact us or Call now for a customized quote at (888) 688-4542 x8.